Mini Tuna Quiche Recipe
This recipe was given to me by my Aunty Esmé at my “pantry party” and it’s surprisingly simple. It’s a versatile recipe to, you can either keep it as mini quiches, use a larger quiche dish or even use a rectangle baking tray and cut out into squares.
- 200g tuna (2 regular size tins)
- 4 eggs
- 100g (250ml) grated cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 250ml milk
- 30g (50ml) cake flour
- 1 medium onion
- 25ml chopped parsley (or more if you prefer)
- 2ml salt
- 2ml Tabasco sauce (or replace with 5ml cayenne pepper if you like it hotter)
- Paprika – to taste
- Hard boil 2 eggs. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease muffin tray.
- Drain and flake tuna. Finely chop onion and the boiled eggs.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs and add all the ingredients together, mix well.
- Spoon into muffin tray, be generous, it won’t rise much. Sprinkle grated cheese and paprika on top.
- Bake for 20-25 min. Take out the oven and allow to stand for a few minutes and then remove from the muffin trays. The undersides of the quiches may look a bit moist, if so, all you need to do is put them back in the muffin tray upside down and put in the warm (but switched off) oven till a bit drier.